TITLE: Regional East Sales Manager, Retail
LOCATION: Virtual Georgia Preferred, Virtual East
Global tech company—and we run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. We’re the world leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With our software, hardware and portfolio of services, we make more than 300 million transactions possible every day.
Not only are we the leader in the markets and technology segments we serve…
We serve the most exciting and dynamic customers in the world – the North American retail market. And…we put them at the center of everything we do. Our mission in life is to enable our customers to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction, to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to profit growth – our solutions cover all of these.
By continually learning about—and pioneering—how the world interacts and transacts, we’re helping companies not only reach their goals, but also change the way all of us shop, eat, travel, bank and connect. Together, we are shaping the future.
Are you a sales leader with the agility to thrive in a fast changing environment and the creativity to enable a sales team to reach and surpass tough stretch goals?
As a member of the leadership team, your ability to participate in defining the strategy of a growing business will be critical for the team’s success. The ability to deal in ambiguity and a fast changing environment is table stakes for this role.
- Proactively manage the US region P&L driving sustained profitable growth. Lead a robust sales management system focused on funnel, orders, backlog, revenue, gross margin, direct expenses, profit contribution, and linearity.
- Build a high performance sales team and GTM model that will produce sustained YoY growth through direct named accounts and indirect territory accounts with channel partners.
- Develop a “Direct Touch” sales model partnering with channel partners / resellers growing both direct and indirect business. Develop and implement objective rules of engagement for direct vs. indirect business relationships.
- Create, communicate and inspire a vision for the business to customers and to the team
- Build strong relationships with key customer accounts and channel partners
- Negotiate multi-year software and services contracts with direct customers
- Work with senior management to develop region/area/ country strategy
- Inspire and lead as necessary to drive commercial success
- Plan and direct all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing of the sales force
- Formulate and advocate a people management strategy and high performance culture which includes recruitment, development and retention of top talent; Foster and lead change, and create a mindset of innovation.
- Reports directly to the Vice President & General Manager North American Retail Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- 10 years + of related business and sales management experience along with a proven track record of success in enterprise technology sales
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of selling enterprise solutions and application software to both technology and business decision makers.
- Understanding and experience with Solution Selling processes.
- Thrives in a robust sales management culture with a weekly commitment and monthly outlook processes. Demonstrated sales leadership with metrics of funnel sufficiency, linearity, and forecasting accuracy.
- Demonstrated value selling excellence in Solutions, Application Software, and SaaS in both direct and indirect business models.
- Experience in deal registration techniques and delivering growth through indirect fulfillment channels.
- Manage the sales process and develop a strategic roadmap which aligns customer needs, issues, opportunities with industry best practices and our company’s offerings.
- Lead, coach and develop sales teams in growth environments. Proven track record in sales leadership and management – the ability to coach and mentor named account sales representatives, territory managers, and territory account managers.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with customers and channel partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including establishing credibility and trust with partners and building influential relationships with the stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, Sales Ops, HR, Support Services, Marketing and Professional Services
- Ability to work and manage in a matrix management environment with overlay sales and sales engineering / architecture teams.
Master’s degree – MBA
- Strong Executive Presence – this role will have extensive executive visibility both internally and externally
- Leadership of a sales organization inclusive of complex solutions (HW/SW/Services)
- Project management skills; Client and Business plan management proficiency