Amazing ground floor opportunity to be a part of growing team. Looking for Data Wranglers and Data Engineers.
As a Data Wrangler, you need to be an effective technologist. You need to be self-motivated and able to source and develop data models that will guide our data analysts. Your role is the acceleration factor behind the effectiveness of our Data Science group. You will deliver data acquisition, transformations, cleansing, conversion, compression, and loading of data into data and analytics models. Work in partnership with data analysts to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives. As a partner in our business, you will have project work and ad hoc requests that require agility and often fast-paced response to business needs.
As a Data Wrangler, you need to be technically capable of:
- Performing data discoveries to understand data formats, source systems, file sizes, etc.
- Collecting data in various formats or from various systems (relational databases, FTP sites, file sharing sites (e.g. Box), external
hard drives, etc.)
- Loading data in numerous different compressed and uncompressed formats (gzip, zip, tar, json, csv, Excel, etc.)
- Performing data transformations using Hive and Impala to optimize data retrieval process and performance
- Creating workflows for loading data on a scheduled basis using Oozie, shell scripting, sql, etc., basic working knowledge of
database design and admin, and ability to create technical design documents.
As a Data Engineer, you will be a practitioner of advanced data modeling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale. You need to be an expert in data management (any sources of data like POS, Consumer profile, …), data access (Big Data, traditional Data Marts, …), advanced in programming (Python, Shell scripting, Java, and SQL), advanced data base modeling, familiarity with analytic algorithms and applications (like Machine learning). You will be a leader in P&G data capability building. In this role, there is potential to expand into Solution Management or Data Science.
As a Data Engineer, you need to be technically capable of:
- Leveraging data types and various data models to enable a range of analytic solutions
- Managing and manipulating data, scaling data models and solutions to support the analytics for business insights.
We are looking for leaders who have graduated with a BS or MS in Business/Management Information Systems and/or Computer Science/Engineering, Programming/Software Development or Operations Research or Statistics. You need to have demonstrated mastery in applied big data technologies such as:
- Shell Scripting
- Big Data technologies (Hive, Impala) and NoSQL databases
- ER models/diagrams
- AWS and/or Azure framework
- Understanding of Data Mining, Data Modeling, and Data Provisioning (acquisition, transformation, and sharing).
You also should have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others
- Demonstrated use of data and BI tools
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- 5+ years relevant industry experience